There are many terms and phrases that are unique to Santa Clarita Christian School, and you’ll often hear teachers and students using them when speaking to one another. These words are rooted in history and tradition, much like the school itself.
- Red Fred Day: School-wide spirit days. Fred is our beloved mascot, the cardinal! Time to pull out all that is red and pile it on. Prizes for “most red” and “most creative” are handed out for both elementary and secondary.
- Cardinal Spotlight(Elementary): Once a month students are recognized for having Cardinal Character in elementary chapel.
- CIA: Cardinals in Action(Secondary): Once a quarter both junior high and high school students, along with their teachers serve in the community in the name of Jesus, encouraged by His promise in Matthew 25:40, “…for whatever you have done to one of the least of these my brothers, you have done to Me.”
- RenWeb: School-wide program used for record keeping and grading. Download the app for easy use. Here you will find your child’s: grades, homework, schedule, etc.
- The Shop on the Corner: (this is the snack shop outside the nurses office that the juniors operate) The shop is fun by FBLA and is open every break and lunch time for students to purchase candy, soda and coming soon, SCCS gear.
- ReEngage (Secondary): Two days in September where the 9-12th graders get away for a time of spiritual growth and reflection at Ironwood Christian Camp.
- Fall Fest (9-12th grade): A time for our high school kids to fellowship and bond while learning the art of square dancing.
- Christmas Banquet (Secondary): Held in December; for 9-12th graders to get all gussied up and enjoy a banquet of food, fun and fellowship.
- The EDGE (Secondary): A week in January when our secondary students are strengthened and encouraged in their walk with the Lord.
- Spirit Week: School-wide week of spirit. From Twin/Triplet day to Crazy Hair day, this is a full week to show your love for SCCS.
- Jr/Sr Formal (Secondary): Held in May; for 11th & 12th graders; a formal for the current seniors to pass the torch to the upcoming seniors.
- Senior Showcase (12th grade): A week in May where we honor and celebrate the senior class.